Sunday, April 8, 2018

Lutherans Believe What?

I was watching yet another Journey Home when the host and guest were talking about her being Lutheran for a while.  As they discussed what the Lutheran church believes, I was taken aback.  I did not know they believed so similarly to the Catholic Church in some areas!!

I grew up believing Martin Luther basically created the modern Protestantism...that is any semblance of Catholicism he removed because it was "wrong."  So, to discover that one of the "fathers of Protestantism" was actually....well..."Catholic Lite" surprised me and sort of drove it home that Catholicism isn't this far-fetched religion.  The timeline is speaking for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sola Scriptura, Literal Translationalist, KJV Only oopsie

 John 14:2a In my Father's house there are many mansions. This was a prime verse for memorization for us young evangelicals. I remember ...