Thursday, March 14, 2019

What Happened, and Why I am Not Catholic Right Now

Around October 2018 I had had enough of the inner debate and prayed for the Lord to reveal to me whether or not I should become Catholic now by giving me a sign.  I saw laying out my fleece, so to speak.  I prayed in faith, and I didn't share this with anyone until closer to the end.  Even then, I only shared it with my sister-in-law and my husband.

I asked for a simple sign and had many opportunity for it to come to pass.  I asked for a random rosary to just be given to me before December 31st if I was to become Catholic.  If the rosary wasn't given, I would give up my Catholic pursuit and simply stay with my husband in the Baptist Church and plug in there.

January 1st came and no rosary had been given to me.  I never even saw a rosary!  I was in the Church.  No rosaries.  I was in Catholic homes.  No rosaries.  So, I stopped attending Mass and decided to just align everything with hubby and the Baptist Church.

Even though I had explained all this to hubby, every Sunday he would ask me, "are you going to Mass?"  Or if we slept in too late he would apologize to me for missing Mass.  I found myself missing Mass terribly and making excuses to skip attending the Baptist church.  Recently, I missed Mass again and hubby said, "we have to make sure you get to Mass next Sunday."  So, I did and everything came flooding back.  I even went to Adoration.

What does this all mean?

I read the Liturgy of the Word.  It's the only devotional that I'm drawn to.  I find myself listening to Catholic radio again and being fed.  I watch youtube documentaries on nuns in convents and enjoy the peace.  I watch Journey Home and understand the journeys of the converts.  I find myself defending the Catholic faith on social media.

What in the world does this all mean?!!

And now I want to pour out my thoughts here again!

Why didn't God send me that sign?  I don't know.  But, this time, I am not looking to the right or to the left for answers and explanations.  I am simply looking to Christ.  I think, instead of pursuing Catholicism, I am simply going to just find myself there.  Maybe not.  I don't know.  Let the Lord do His work.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sola Scriptura, Literal Translationalist, KJV Only oopsie

 John 14:2a In my Father's house there are many mansions. This was a prime verse for memorization for us young evangelicals. I remember ...